Saturday 12 January 2008

Gutted - and gutless

Manure 6 Toon 0

It was even worse than I expected - the first half was ok - if a little lucky. As for the 2nd half it was shameful. I normally wait to write about the game - but I want to recall how bad I feel at this moment.

It doesn't matter that one goal came from a free kick that shouldn't have been given, it doesn't matter that we had a goal disallowed for an incorrect offside, it doesn't matter that one goal may not have crossed the line... On another day we could have 2 penalties given against us and they toyed with us. How on earth those players can have the cheek to pick up their wages for this debacle is beyond me - one thing is for sure, not a single one of them deserved it. As for Captain Smith getting sent off for dissent, that was just bloody stupid; shut your gob son and get on with the job you are paid for.

The only saving grace about tonights game was that my little protest about having to pay £47 for a ticket meant that I didn't witness it in person. I think that the downside of tonight means that Shearer will be the next incumbent in SJP - as there is now such a crisis that they'll chuck enough money at him to make it impossible to turn down.

Shame on them all.

No comments: