Wednesday 5 March 2008

It's my duty

The text came yesterday... bad news.... I've got a ticket for Anfield on Saturday. It's going to be grim. I'll need to have the pubs and psychiatric hospitals on high alert. I'll be the one purple with rage, screaming at the useless wasters on the pitch and wishing that I'd saved myself the petrol for the journey. [Oh, and standing next to me will be a slightly more demure soul, harping on about the "so called City of Culture", swearing in Northern Irish and bragging about using an Apple Mac - but I digress.].

It'll be another ugly game - in which no doubt the players will have a decent start and then remember they are playing a better team and capitulate in the same way that we have done against Villa and Manure. No Given or Emre; but equally no Barton or Carr - so its not all bad news. Of course EMO will be returning to his former employers. I wonder
a) what sort of reception he'll get from the home fans... he was booed last time he appeared in a black and white shirt at Anfield
b) how interested he will be...no point to prove
Well, I'll be there to witness it anyway. I just hope that Oba starts.

Of course all of the above is reverse psychology... I think that we are going to win (despite the fact that Torres has hit a hat trick tonight ) but every time I say this to anyone I get stared/laughed at. We'll see...

6 comments:

Michael said...

The Bin Dippers will have one eye on the Champions League. They're bound to stop playing at half time.

That's worth a consolation goal, at the very least...

Unknown said...

First time in a long time I've wanted a Newcastle win. I (truly) hope you have a brilliant day. Come on you Mags!

Karen Toon said...

Michael - thanks for the comfort of a consolation goal - I hope it is. I'm also hoping that some complacency creeps in with the Mickey Mousers... As for stopping playing at half time, it won't make any difference as thats usually what the Toon do.

Chris - thanks, I hope I have a brilliant day as well.. If I do, you'll soon get bored of reading about it as I'll drone on and on and on about it (and I understand why you want us to win) - I'll be only too happy if we give the Villans a leg up.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling it would not be a thrashing which everyone predicts. We're the underdogs for sure but something clicked in the Blackburn match and I'm sure we'll carry it to Anfield. Try to enjoy the match:S

ise_67 said...

You forgot to mention my inevitable rant about the fact that the Scouse coppers carrying chair legs instead of trunctions, is a blatent contravention of European Law, surely?

Karen Toon said...

Of course... And you'll be carping on about rubbish pies/queues at the bovril counter and the weather.... Ah, match day entertainment.