Sunday 18 November 2007

England's Michael Owen

So - the baby faced goal scoring machine isn't going to be turning out in the black & white stripes for another 4-6 weeks. Deep joy. Why is this? Another injury picked up playing in a meaningless friendly for his country... As the wonderful Biffa said "if this wasn't so tragic it would be comical"

He was made captain for the game against the mackems and looked completely ineffective. You could argue that he was being played out of position, but then again for £100k + a week I'd expect him to play in goal if asked.

So, I've carped on a bit about him not playing for us - yet again... But I must admit that part of me is a little bit pleased. Oba and the Big Aussie to put Owen's ex-employers to the sword next Saturday anyone???

Off for a lie down in a dark room now, time for my medication

No comments: