Sunday 2 November 2008

Bottom of the pile

Well, a huge thanks to both Liverpool and Man City.... Thanks to the abject failure of these two team to do the expected; Newcastle are now luxuriating in the position of bottom of the league. Bloody wonderful....

OK - so we've got a game in had over most, but to be honest its not that surprising that Newcastle are currently 20th in the table. I said last week that I hoped that there were three teams around that were worse... I'd pinned my hopes on Bolton, West Brom and Stoke, but on the evidence of this weekend it could be a struggle. There were some freaky results this week (Spurs 7 points from 9???) and to be honest, I think it'll be another freaky result if Newcastle beat Villa tomorrow.

It's going to hurt seeing Jimmy Milner in the 'wrong' colour shirt - probably one of the worst bits of transfer business since we let Nobby Solano go to Villa the first time.

Hoping for a win tomorrow, but not at all confident....

4 comments:

MaryKwizMiz said...

never mind, I jinxed it too by publicly expecting Citeh to help us out.. should know better by now...
and somehow I can see another freak result...
still, keep the faith!!!

Karen Toon said...

Oh - I hope you are right (its difficult to type with my fingers crossed)

Michael said...

Not such a freak result after all by the sound of things - thanks to Gutierrez and Martins.
Back above the mackems too.

MaryKwizMiz said...

wasn't freak really, played some nice stuff for most of the time tho Villa were a bit blunt...
Happy days - hope we can keep it up...